PDF Publishing with DITA-FMx 1.1
FrameMaker and DITA-FMx provide the easiest and least expensive way to get the highest quality PDF output from your DITA content. In addition to the numerous authoring features in DITA-FMx, it also provides many useful publishing options. Some of the more popular are listed below:
- Add related links from relationship tables
- Flatten conrefs and ensure that links are functional in PDF output
- Apply ditaval filtering to the generated book files
- Move figure titles so the follow the image
- Enable table titles to display on all pages for tables that span pages
- Assign proper numbering and pagination throughout the book
- Replace “list” files with generated FrameMaker lists (e.g. TOC, Index)
- Run custom scripts to perform additional pagination and cleanup
See how easy it is to get properly formatted PDF output from a DITA map using DITA-FMx. This video walks you through the basic process of configuring DITA-FMx for PDF publishing.
If you’re a new user of DITA-FMx or are considering a purchase, you should review this video.